|Availability:||In stock (5)|
The perfect tool for precisely crimping your shrinktube, and protecting your fingers from burns. The Rig Cone can handle any hook size and has a conical diameter from 10mm up to a whopping 35mm to give any curve to your rig. From subtle 'kickers' to the popular Withy Pool Rigs, Chod Rigs where an aggressive bend is required.
The Rig Cone comes complete with a removable handle, which also allows you to test/tighten the knots of your rig. The ideal tool for making your rigs, unique and exclusive to Solar Tackle.
Instructions for use
1. Place the handle in the Cone.
2. Place the hook with shrinktube in the slot of the desired diameter.
3. Wrap the line twice around the Rig Cone at the same height. This will give you a better end result.
4. Keep the Rig Cone above the steam until the shrinktube has shrunk completely.
WARNING: Although the Rig Cone will protect your fingers from getting burned, you should also take good care of your hands while steaming. Hold the Rig Cone with one hand while steaming and hold the end of the rig with the other hand.
5. Remove your perfectly formed rig from the Rig Cone and test the knot again on the Rig Cone's handle to make sure the rig is perfectly in place.